All @ccessMobile Banking services use the same security standards as @ccessOnline Home Banking.
Why text banking is secure?
1. View accounts by nicknames you set, not account number
2. No detailed personal information is sent
3. Is your phone lost or stolen? Call 1-888-387-8632 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to deactivate your account.
Why apps are secure?
1. We don't store your username or password
2. 128-bit encryption masks your sensitive information
3. When you close your browser or the app, your session ends
Want more ways to keep your account secure?
1. Sign up for Account Alerts
2. Read Mobile and Online Security tips at our Security Center
3. To ensure the safety of your personal and account information, download mobile apps from reputable sources only. You can download the CCFCU iPhone App from the iTunes Apps Store, the CCFCU Mobile App for the Palm from the Palm App Catalog, and the CCFCU Mobile App for the Android TM from the Android Market.
Practice these five guidelines from ConsumerReports.org to protect yourself from mobile fraud:
1. Secure login. Make sure you are logging in to a secure mobile site when using your phone's Web browser to access mobile banking sites. Look for indications on your browser that the site is secure, such as a lock symbol or "https" at the beginning of the site's web address.
2. Trusted apps. Only allow trusted applications the ability to send text messages or update social networks. Unworthy apps may initiate fraudulent messages or spam, and add charges to your cell phone bill.
3. Public Wi-Fi. Never conduct mobile banking, e-commerce, or other business involving user names, passwords, or other personal information on a public Wi-Fi network. Criminals may be able to capture login and password information.
4. Reliable source. Avoid downloading spyware, which may accompany an application by obtaining your smart phone applications from a trusted source. Cell phone spyware can seize personal information including messages, conversations, and, via GPS coordinates, even your location.
5. Security software. Purchase and install security software on your cell phone. Security Software for your phone may help you find your cell phone if misplaced, allow you to delete data if the phone is lost, and prompt you to remove malicious software.